2045 Asher Court
East Lansing, Michigan 48823
Pulmonary Function Testing
Spirometry measures how much air you can inhale as well as how much and how fast you can exhale air. It is an important tool to diagnose and understand asthma severity and control.
Spirometry for asthma is used:
• During your first visit with an allergist / immunologist
• After treatment has started and your symptoms and peak expiratory flow have stabilized
• To document your best airway function
• At least once yearly to assess maintenance of airway function, regardless of medication (changes)
• To evaluate the response to a change in therapy
An allergist / immunologist has advanced training and experience to determine what is causing your symptoms and develop a treatment plan to help you feel better and live better.